What data does Tasonic collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact Details: name; email address; telephone number; passport or national identification details (in limited circumstances); utility bill (in limited circumstances); social media ID;
- Payment Details: cardholder name; credit or debit card details (we do not store enter card detail); chargeback information; billing address;
- Transaction Details: transaction amount and currency;
- Electronic Identifying Details: IP address; SMS content; cookies; pixels; activity logs (e.g. user session recordings); online identifiers; device identifiers (e.g. the mobile device and/or the internet browser that you use) and geolocation data;
- Correspondence and Complaints: any correspondence that you choose to send to Tasonic (including complaints); any information you provide to our customer care team; any information you publish about Tasonic (including on the app stores);
- Transaction History: details of the transactions (including date and time and relevant operator) you carry out on, and your visits to, the Applications.
If you choose to grant the mobile applications access to contact information through your device, we may collect this information, including names, telephone numbers, email addresses and social media identifiers. We use this information to deliver the Services to your selected recipients.
How does Tasonic collect your personal data?
You provide us with your personal data when you register to use our Services. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties (e.g. in the event of chargebacks or through third-party direct marketing services). We also collect information about you through your use of our Applications, your interactions with Tasonic Support, and the transactions you carry out on our Applications. When you visit our Applications, your device and/or browser may automatically disclose certain information (such as device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connection to an Application or other technical communications information), some of which may constitute personal data.
Reasons for processing personal data
- To deliver the Services that you have requested to the recipient of the Services – Mobile top-up Recharge or Mobile Data.
- To allow the recipient of the Services to request further Services from you – Mobile top-up Recharge or Mobile Data.
- To contact you if necessary based on your interaction with our Application or to reply to messages sent to us by you
- To provide you with support in our Application
- For security, compliance, fraud prevention, and accounting purposes
- For marketing analysis
- To help you purchase the Services that you have requested and to process any payments, refunds, or chargebacks connected with that request.
Disclosures Of Your Personal Data.
Tasonic may share your personal data with our third-party service providers in order to complete tasks and provide the best service and application experience. When using third-party service providers, there are agreements to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. They are not allowed to use your data for their own purposes, except for reasons previously shared. For example; the payment gateway service provider.
We may pass your personal data to the following entities:
- Payment gateway providers, verifying or refunding transactions you make via our App or portal;
- Fraud prevention agencies to help fight against financial crime, if requested under law;
- Any third party if we (or our assets) are acquired, merged, reorganized, provided that any recipient uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us;
- Regulatory and law enforcement authorities, whether they are outside or inside the United states, where the law allows or requires us to do so;
- Direct marketing service providers;
- Third-party service providers used for the delivery of some aspects of the Services (e.g. SMS delivery, email delivery, web notifications, app notifications, and phone number lookup);
- Mobile operators and other service providers (directly or via third parties);
In addition, recipients of the Services may be able to view your pseudonymised contact information if requesting further Services from you. If you wish to opt-out from receiving such requests for Services you may do so at the time of receiving the request.
Mobile Networks, Aggregators And Other Referenced Businesses.
What happens if you do not provide us with your personal data?
If you do not provide us with your personal data or object to the use of certain personal data, we may not be able to provide the Services to you – since functionality depends on some of this data eg recipient phone number. We will tell you when we ask for information which is a contractual requirement or needed to comply with our legal obligations.
Do we carry out any automated processing of your personal data?
We use automated statistical analysis of the personal data we collect about you in order to comply with our legal obligations to detect and prevent fraud, dishonesty, and other crimes. We may use automated processing to screen for suspicious transactions (eg. stripe radar for fraud detection) or to identify transactions that may be subject to international sanctions.
We may choose to buy or sell assets and may share and/or transfer customer and other user information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we(or our assets) are acquired, merged, reorganized, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control or similar event, you acknowledge and explicitly consent that Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.Any third party transfer as a result of any restructure, most uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Tasonic does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.